Double midi, phasing, as-played, as-sounds, channels, loop
Tubbutec synth upgrades have two midi output channels: An as-sounds channel and a as-played channel.
While this is a very useful feature, and well documented in the user manuals, many people seem to be confused by this and we had to answer “bug reports” way to many times.
So here is an explanation of some common issues:
uniPulse has been updated to a new improved MK2 version, while the price stays the same.
These are the improvements:
- Larger output voltage range: +-15V
- Wider supply voltage range: runs from 7V-25V, generates +-15V supply voltages internally
- 3 additional digital outputs
- Improved input and output protection
- Fully compatible with uniPulse MK1
- Comes with an external midi socket with wire and connector
- Now also included in the kit:
- A two-pole throw switch often needed to switch between internal and midi clock
- A panel mount learn button which can optionally be installed
Early models of µTune were unfortunately shipped with a badly calibrated CV-Input.
This only concerns you if you have one of the early models with HW version 16 or 17. And only if you have firmware version 1.00 installed.
If you have Hardware version 18 or higher or firmware 1.01 or higher, you can stop reading now.
After installing the UniPulse in your Korg Mini Pops 7 you can also add individual outputs for each of the instrument.
PRE IN Bus
Many of the instruments are connected to the PRE IN Bus wich is marked red in the schematic. To gain access to each instrument connected to the PRE IN Bus you have to solder out the pins of the resistors theat are connected to the PRE IN Bus.
It is not too easy to find the resistors on the board itself so numbered the spots where you have to solder out the pins.
We are currently producing a new batch of ModyPoly and Juno-66.
You can pre order now, we will ship as soon as possible.
Will most likely ship not later then mid-May
Currently preparing for Superbooth 2017, hope to see you there!
We are at booth 0305 on the second floor.
The SH-1oh1 µTune is a special edition of the Tubbutec SH-1oh1. It has all the features of the SH-1oh1 but also:
- Microtuning with high resolution
- Upload up to 31 custom scales via midi sysex. For example using Scala.
- Switch scales live
- Includes a scale editor! For each key you can set base note, coarse and fine pitch via midi CC. Save your custom scale when satisfied.
- Export scales via midi-sysex, or send them to other synths
- Custom tuning available on CV-out (5 octaves only)
The SH-1oh1 µTune special edition is hand assembled and tested in our workshop.
The user manual can be found here: SH-1oh1 µTune user manual (PDF) (Chapter 8 describes µTune features)
The installation manual can be found here: SH-1oh1 µTune installation manual (PDF)
You can order the SH-1oh1 µTune in our shop.
Polysex, the first Tubbutec product released in 2013 will be discontinued soon. We had made a batch of 50 front panels of which are now 4 left. We are not planning to have another batch of panels produced, so if you were thinking about gifting your Polysix with a Polysex mod, now is your last chance..
We will however continue selling Polysex PCBs for a while.
Direct link to the shop
Due to popular demand there is now a hardware update for the Juno-66. It increases the range of the filter control, which also allows larger amounts for the additional filter ADSR, Tri-LFO and SH/LFO. The range is increased by a factor of three.
We now ship the Juno-66 with this modification, it is however relatively simple to perform and can be done by a skilled solderer and any synth tech. This is how to do it.