Shipping next week !
Pre-order here in our shop
Here is a video showing a custom midi interface developed by Tubbutec for analogue drum machines such as Korg Minipops, AceTone RythmAce, Maestro Rhythm King MRK-2, Roland TR77,…
It has the following features:
- 16 pulse out channels + Guiro output and pitch control
- Outputs selectable between +5V..+12V and -12V
- Fully velocity sensitive
- Adjustable pulse length between 0.3 and 1.3 ms
- Midi learn
A video showing how I manufacture the new Modysix – Polysix midi retrofit and feature extension
Here are two sound demos of a TR606 and a CR78 I midified.
Note the full velocity sensitivity capability of the 606 and the pseudo-velocity sensitivity of the CR78.
Some more infos about the CR78 mod:
Depending on the midi velocity sent to the device, the master volume is adjusted. That is of course not the same as full velocity sensitivity, but gives you a surprisingly great amount of flexibility. Think of the 808 for example which has one accent track – this is similar, but you can adjust the accent on the fly.
While waiting for my Polysix mod PCB, I am working on rev. 2 of my midi to cv interface. Rev 1 was working well, but I realized I wanted some more features.
The new one will have:
- 4 x CV out, 12 bit precision each
- 4x Gate
- Glide / portamento control for CV outs
- For each CV you can switch glide mode between (on/auto/off)
- For CV 3/4 you can choose individually whether they output midi notes or midi velocity from CV 1/2
- Each CV can be controlled by midi notes and midi controller
- FM in
- Midi learn
- Leds for gate and CV out
- Doesn’t use smd parts an can be built by everyone
This basically enables you to have 4x polyphony with a modular synthesizer !…..and much more 🙂
This is me playing around with midi Elektor formant midi interface. It is still in developement, but it already sounds quite nice…..
I am currently working on a midi interface for the Elektor Formant. Of course it is possible to use any midi to CV interface since it is a modular synthesizer, but I wanted to add some features only possible with a custom interface. With this interface it is even possible to have 3 voice polyphony !!!
Features so far:
- 4 individual CV outs. 2×12 bit high precision, 2×8 bit
- Glide and master pitch controls
- FM input
- CVs are controllable by midi notes or controller messages
- Leds for CVs and Gate
- Switch between standard kexboard and midi interface
- Analog gates
- auto glide (switch glide on and off)
- nice front panel
This is the prototype PCB:
I am going to sell PCBs (much nicer ones than the one on the left of course) as kits if there is enough interest in the interface…so drop me a message