This is me playing around with midi Elektor formant midi interface. It is still in developement, but it already sounds quite nice…..
I am currently working on a midi interface for the Elektor Formant. Of course it is possible to use any midi to CV interface since it is a modular synthesizer, but I wanted to add some features only possible with a custom interface. With this interface it is even possible to have 3 voice polyphony !!!
Features so far:
- 4 individual CV outs. 2×12 bit high precision, 2×8 bit
- Glide and master pitch controls
- FM input
- CVs are controllable by midi notes or controller messages
- Leds for CVs and Gate
- Switch between standard kexboard and midi interface
- Analog gates
- auto glide (switch glide on and off)
- nice front panel
This is the prototype PCB:
I am going to sell PCBs (much nicer ones than the one on the left of course) as kits if there is enough interest in the interface…so drop me a message