The only problem still remaining is that a few specific notes are out of tune. So you’re playing and everything is great, and you hit the specific note and BAM, could be 3+ semi tones off. If you shift the octave range the note goes with it, so it’s not tied to a specific physical key.
I’m still trying to figure this out, but I’m starting to think it’s in the CPU … which makes me wonder if ModyPoly CPU replacement would fix this.
Anyone have any thoughts on this? Either on the ModyPoly side of things, or maybe where on the board the problem could remain if it’s not tied to the CPU.
*I’ve changed the battery and believe I have repaired all the damage the leak caused (including a few dozen wiring harness sockets)
this sounds like there is still some battery damage. Specifically I believe that
1) Some of the traces between the second CPU (not the ModyPoly) and the DCO ICs are broken
2) Sometimes the internal connectors are doggy, try wiggling them and see if it improves
Thanks, I’ll look into the area you’re talking about some more. I spent some time with the schematic as well and traced all the components along the CV trail that I might try replacing as well.
It’s a shame the shop manual is so poorly scanned.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Due to Covid related restrictions, longer support delays are to be expected. Shop is open and we will ship at least once a week.
UK and Ireland shipping is restricted. We offer DHL express shipping until further notice Dismiss