[µTune] Upcoming features

frontpage Forums Product questions and support µTune [µTune] Upcoming features

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    tubbutec
    Keymaster

First of all:
    Even though we are going to improve µTune and add new features, we consider development to be finished.
    Apart from bugfixes, no features are guaranteed to be implemented. We implement new features we consider useful and whenever we find the time. Please understand that we are constantly busy with other projects as well. I am writing this because some people seem to have the impression, that updates are guaranteed and somehow promised – which they are not. If you buy µTune you will get the advertised features – and maybe some more.
    If you take a look at past firmware updates, you can see that we did in fact update µTune quite a lot since the initial release – and we plan to do so in the future.

There is not much space left in the CPU for new features. At some point it won’t be possible to put more features in.

Update:
    These features are now implemented: (current version 2.06)
    Scale masks can be toggled via midi
    More monophonic modes: legato, retrigger, auto-gllide
    MPE -quick setup menu option
    Smoothing for CC and aftertouch
    Bargraph display for Velocity, Aftertouch, CC and Channel Pressure

That being said, here is a list of features we intend to integrate, many requested by users:

Auto-Portamento for poly modes
    Voice assigning for midi retuning (one midi channel to MPE)
    CV-in to velocity for midi out
    Auto-Gate can trigger midi out
    Transpose scale masks
    Variable CC mapping
    Automatic VCO calibration (almost working)
    multiple scale masks / scale masks per channel

Anonymous

Fantastic, many thanks for your work so far! Scale masks is a great and very useful addition.

tubbutec
    Keymaster

Firmware 2.05 update:
    https://tubbutec.de/%c2%b5tune-updates/

BUGFIXES:
    – clock divider was not saved correctly
    – midi channel 16 was not working in some cases
    – Glide parameter was not recalled correctly after startup

FEATURES
    – Scale masks can be toggled via midi (See Midi in config)
    – Midi Mono modes: Retrigger, Legato (See Midi in config)
    – Midi Mono Glide modes: OFF, ON, AUTO (See Midi in config)
    – Changed “CV” to “µT” in router for more clarity

Anonymous

Thanks a lot The legato and glide is exactly what I have been missing. This is awesome

tubbutec
    Keymaster

Released version 2.06:
    https://tubbutec.de/%c2%b5tune-updates/
    FEATURES
    – Bargraph display for Velocity, Aftertouch, CC and Channel Pressure
    – Quick setup for MPE (in TOOLS)
    – Smoothing for CC, Aftertouch and Channel Pressure outputs

Anonymous

youre on fire, thank you sir

Anonymous

This is great! Many thanks for continuing to develop things!
    The module feels very complete!
    If you do continue to add things, my only additional requests would be:
    1) a global preset function. Changing configurations is quite laborious atm.
    2) matrix style Input routing. So that the pitch cv from one input can be spread across multiple quantizer channels, freeing inputs to do other things.

I would happy to chip in on a ko-fi account for any of these features if steam is running out.

tubbutec
    Keymaster

1) We are already working on this. Not trivial to maintain compatibility with future parameters.
    2) What would that be good for? What is the advantage of copying CV-in values across channels?

Anonymous

Will voice assigning be able to be changed from say single channel mono pitch retuning to say 6 channels up to 16? I have workarounds in my current setup but would love to use the utune to tune say the mks-50 that uses the guitar midi mode. If so, this is huge news and makes these modules truly the centerpiece of a microtonal setup!

Anonymous

tubbutec wrote: ↑
    Sun Dec 06, 2020 5:02 am
    CV-in to velocity for midi out
    Auto-Gate can trigger midi out
    I’ve definitely bugged Tobias in e-mail about the above feature requests. Auto portamento in MIDI DIN out would be awesome too.

One more thing, I wish the expanders were offered as a DIY kit to help out us blue collar types sporting lint. The cost of an expander is pretty close to what you can get a whole uTune used these days (here in the states atleast)!!!

Ultimate gratitude for the continuation of development for this beast of a module.

Best wishes and happy holidays

Anonymous

Response time lag- sorry; copying cv across channels frees up the other inputs for other control parameters. Like, for example autotune + sample and hold.

tubbutec
    Keymaster

@six_minds I still don’t get it. What is the advantage of having the same CV input value for multiple channels? Also this frees up CV-inputs, how does this affect autotune, or S/H which use the gate-inputs? thanks

tubbutec
    Keymaster

Update:
    There is a known bug with scale masks: If you have 2 or more expanders installed and deactivate notes using scale masks, the module slows down significantly up to the point of crashing. This might also happen just after startup (when the recently used scale is loaded from the sd card) and result in a black screen. If you encounter this, please booth without sd card to reset the scale. We are of course working on a fix, apologies for the inconvenience.

tubbutec
    Keymaster

There is now a beta firmware update which fixes an issue with large scales, scale masks and many expanders.
    In some situations the module would slow down and freeze eventually

this is a beta fix. Firmware is tested roughly but there still might be issues. If you are having these problems it is worth a try, you can not break anything:
    https://tubbutec.de/files/uTuneFW-2.7beta.zip

Anonymous

excellent support for an excellent module. Many thanks to Tubbutec.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.