µTune for chords?

frontpage Forums Product questions and support µTune µTune for chords?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I was wondering if anyone uses the module (and expander) to quantize to 3 or 4-note chords (I guess the scale would consist of just four notes, for example?) and then use transpose for chord changes? I know that’s probably like buying a porsche to get groceries, but I thought I might want to do that at some point.

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by tubbutec.
    Anonymous

I’ve done both this and the polyphonic equivalent, where I use the µtune + expander to play my eurorack like a 4 voice polysynth from a keyboard. I came for the quantization, and ended up with a full package platform!
    What you are asking for would best be done with a scale mask instead of a 4 note scale, and then the µtune would keep whatever chords you are playing within the key that you are using as you pitch them around (or transpose them, depending on what works best in your setup)

Anonymous

While some very simple use of chords is merely transposing the same chord anything more sophisticated is going to need a different interval relationship within the chord from chord to chord, not the same thing just transposed. The way to do that is obviously midi in of the entire chord with a channel out for each note using the expander.

I guess maybe you could quantitize and transpose with a custom scale if you want the pitch correcting but if your VCOs behave AND you just want the same chord over and over you don’t need anything sophisticated, one would just tune each vco in relation to one, like c3,e3,g3,c4 or whatever, then anything you play would be chords transposed by the note played

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.