Polysex + Kiwisix problem

frontpage Forums Product questions and support polysex Polysex + Kiwisix problem

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

New to forum so could not start a new thread

Polysex problem

I have just fitted the Polysex upgrade to a friend’s Polysix and mostly all good. The problem is with the already-fitted KiwiSix mod. In this case your manual tells me to connect the Polysex MG to the jumper on the rear of the control panel marked LFO. Problem is the Kiwi mod has already fitted a jumper from there to what looks like +5v.
    This is documented in the KiwiSix manual:

http://kiwitechnics.com/index_htm_files … l_v126.pdf

The photo in the Polysex fitting instruction does not show this jumper. The MG setting on Polysex does not work!! Everything else working perfectly. Help please
    Thanks
    Paul

Anonymous

I should add that I have gone ahead and soldered to the LFO point despite the Kiwi jumper being there. But MG setting on polysex does not work. The other setting from effects LFO works perfectly.
    Thanks
    Paul

Anonymous

OK, worked it out from the Polysix schematic. The 5v Kiwi jumper is to make the mod wheel a CV source for the Kiwi board. Connect the Polysex MG wire to the right hand pad of J4 (which has been removed in Kiwi mod) and the LFO square wave is routed to Polysex. Suggest you guys update your photos to show the Kiwi changes to the mod wheel circuit and save others having to struggle with this.
    Thanks
    Paul

tubbutec
    Keymaster

Maybe you can post a picture of your solution?

Anonymous

I am a little irritated by your response. You market the Polysex as being compatible with the Kiwi mod, but clearly you have not seen a Kiwi modded Polysix or read the kiwi installation manual; the mod wheel wiring is an integral part. I spent a lot of time working this out (i.e. doing your job for you) and I think “sorry” and “thank you” would have been a better response. As for a photo, don’t see why I should open up the Polysix again… do your own work! My description of the MG connection point is quite clear.
    Paul

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.