Mtune not responding

frontpage Forums Product questions and support µTune Mtune not responding

  • This topic has 11 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #8818
    Anonymous

    So my mtune arrived, I had some fun with it, powered the system off and on again, and then for a while it wasn’t responding to any knob twists and presses any more… It powers on through the boot screen, shows the home screen but then doesn’t respond to the interface.

    I screwed it loose to check it out while it was still powered on, and then noticed it did work. Put it back in again, wanted to check the usb functions, plugged in the usb cable and again no response.

    Is this a known issue?

    Case: amalgamod folding case.

    ( If there is a possible electrical cause this might be relevant: I’ve had some ground hums but usually they’re helped by just plugging any other cable from any module to any module in the two cases that seem to have some differences about grounding. I also get little shocks from touching the modular when I keep my shoes on.)

    #8819
    Anonymous

    Fw: 1.01
    HW: 17

    #8820
    tubbutec
    Keymaster

    Hi,

    only had this problem before in the following situation, but reason is unknown 🙁

    – Updated to firmware 1.01
    – BUT CV in calibration not performed yet

    So _maybe_ you received a unit where cv in calibration was not performed or not performed properly.

    So it would be great if you could perform the calibration (it is very easy). If the unit does not respond after powering it on, just wait a couple of minutes it will work eventually.
    Here is how to do the calibration:
    https://tubbutec.de/blog/%c2%b5tune-rec … -cv-input/

    Hope this helps

    #8821
    Anonymous

    Ok thanks! I’ll try today.

    Are you sure the cv calibration could have something to do with the knobs not responding? Seems weird to me that a knob wouldn’t work because an input is not calibrated.

    But yes I will try and will let you know if the problem persists.

    And if I’m quiet here and forget to let you know it works, take that silence as a “problem solved” and a big big “thank you”.

    Edit: posted new topic about separate question.

    tubbutec wrote:
    Hi,

    only had this problem before in the following situation, but reason is unknown 🙁

    – Updated to firmware 1.01
    – BUT CV in calibration not performed yet

    So _maybe_ you received a unit where cv in calibration was not performed or not performed properly.

    So it would be great if you could perform the calibration (it is very easy). If the unit does not respond after powering it on, just wait a couple of minutes it will work eventually.
    Here is how to do the calibration:
    https://tubbutec.de/blog/%c2%b5tune-rec … -cv-input/

    Hope this helps

    #8822
    Anonymous

    Turned modular on (didn’t test utune) and walked away. Couple hours later, yes the utune is working. Recalibrated. Easy indeed.

    Turned the case power off, and on again: Utune interface not responding, quantizers not functioning.

    Do I have a faulty unit maybe?

    tubbutec wrote:
    Hi,

    only had this problem before in the following situation, but reason is unknown 🙁

    – Updated to firmware 1.01
    – BUT CV in calibration not performed yet

    So _maybe_ you received a unit where cv in calibration was not performed or not performed properly.

    So it would be great if you could perform the calibration (it is very easy). If the unit does not respond after powering it on, just wait a couple of minutes it will work eventually.
    Here is how to do the calibration:
    https://tubbutec.de/blog/%c2%b5tune-rec … -cv-input/

    Hope this helps

    #8823
    Anonymous

    50 minutes later, still nothing..

    strangeowl wrote:
    Turned modular on (didn’t test utune) and walked away. Couple hours later, yes the utune is working. Recalibrated. Easy indeed.

    Turned the case power off, and on again: Utune interface not responding, quantizers not functioning.

    Do I have a faulty unit maybe?

    tubbutec wrote:
    Hi,

    only had this problem before in the following situation, but reason is unknown 🙁

    – Updated to firmware 1.01
    – BUT CV in calibration not performed yet

    So _maybe_ you received a unit where cv in calibration was not performed or not performed properly.

    So it would be great if you could perform the calibration (it is very easy). If the unit does not respond after powering it on, just wait a couple of minutes it will work eventually.
    Here is how to do the calibration:
    https://tubbutec.de/blog/%c2%b5tune-rec … -cv-input/

    Hope this helps

    #8824
    tubbutec
    Keymaster

    Hi,

    we will look into this and try to duplicate your issue and come up with a software fix.

    Apologies for your troubles.

    If you prefer, contact us via mail@tubbutec.de

    #8825
    Anonymous

    Thanks

    PS i’m also the person whose video you shared on twitter this morning

    #8826
    tubbutec
    Keymaster

    strangeowl wrote:
    Thanks

    PS i’m also the person whose video you shared on twitter this morning
    Good stuff

    #8827
    Anonymous

    So sorry for the banal request, but I can’t seem to get anything going with my uTune. Is there a noob video or something somewhere? I feel like i’ve done a fairly thorough search for one. I would be willing to pay for something of this nature even.

    I try to calibrate Verbos Harmonic Oscillator-I can’t seem to get it to work either. I don’t even know what I need to try. I had the uTune work once, but even then, the pitches were super high…

    Thanks All!

    #8828
    Anonymous

    small observation with beta 1.11: the module freezes often after boot when attached to USB. Once it froze during on. Removing the cable and rebooting solves the problem I think.

    Great version this beta 1.11 by the way. Well organised layout and more options.

    #8829
    tubbutec
    Keymaster

    Thanks for the feedback. will file this as a bug report.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.