KR-55 uniPulse installation questions

frontpage Forums Product questions and support uniPulse KR-55 uniPulse installation questions

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hey, I am following the KR55 installation guide for the uniPulse (MK3).
    https://tubbutec.de/blog/midi-and-sync- … ion-guide/

Just have a few questions to confirm my understanding…
    Click images for larger version…

1.)

KLM-198

I’d like to solder the Power (V+/GND) and Clock / Reset on this side of the board.
    Will it be possible? and have the pins/solder points been identified correctly?

2.)

It was a little unclear to me about connecting the MIDI sync switch.

Do I solder the wires of D1 and D2 from the uniPulse to Pin 2 and 5 (respectively) of the DPDT switch?

And, do I solder wires to the Clock (Pin 3) and Reset (Pin 4) of IC3 and then solder the other end of these wires to Pin 3 and 4 (respectively) of the DPDT switch? Do I supply these wires myself?

3.)

Finally, does this switch connect to the Learn pads of the uniPulse? In which case, I supply these wires?

Thank you.

Anonymous

Anybody got an to answer this?
    I’m installing Unipulse as well, in a Korg KR-55.
    Can’t see where RST is, at all.

tubbutec
    Keymaster

For external MIDI control please follow the attached image:
    – solder 1 wire to pin 3 of IC 3 (Clock)
    – solder 1 wire to pin 4 of IC 3 (Reset)
    – solder both wires to the provided DPDT switch, eg one to each middle pin
    – solder the Unipulse D1 wire to the bottom pin of the switch for the clock connection
    – solder the Unipulse D2 wire to the bottom pin of the switch for the reset connection

Please also refer to the installation manual: https://tubbutec.de/blog/midi-and-sync- … ion-guide/

Anonymous

Hello!

i´ve got also an installation question… i´ve opened the KR-55 and found this.
    Would you go on? I´m scared it has an effect on what the uniPulse does.

Thank you!

tubbutec
    Keymaster

These wires look factory installed, might be an earlier version where they had to fix something. I would not worry and continue with the uniPulse installation

Anonymous

Thank you! i´ll go on.

tubbutec wrote: ↑
    Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:13 am
    These wires look factory installed, might be an earlier version where they had to fix something. I would not worry and continue with the uniPulse installation

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.