Juno-66 portamento / arp not working

frontpage Forums Product questions and support Juno-66 Juno-66 portamento / arp not working

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Installed the cpu, filter and pitch juno 66 mods in my juno 6. Midi in/out is working. The different play modes are brilliant. And I’ve complete control over the filter with midi.
    Somehow the portamento is stuck in ‘slow’ mode (even without the pitch bend, red cable and resistors soldered on the board). I can tweak the timing of slow mode with midi cc but the range switch on the juno doesn’t seem to react. (cannot switch it off)
    The other thing is the arp. It doesn’t do anything. Tried to change the arp settings in the config menu, but nothing helped. Can you please help me out?

tubbutec
    Keymaster

Hi,
    a few questions:

– If you switch to ‘fast’ portamento, is there no portamento at all or is it also the slow one? And can you turn portamento off at all?

(by the way the pitch bend cable is not necessary for the portamento..)

– So if you turn on the arp, is there no sound at all ?or does the Juno just behave as if the arp was turned off?

Anonymous

Hi,

I cannot switch portamanto off. So it is there always.
    If I turn on the arp there is no sound at all…

Hopefully there are some bells ringing now with you?

tubbutec
    Keymaster

A few more things you could do to help me understanding the reason for the problem.

1) Are all the keys working?
    2) If you set the arp clock to ‘midi clock’ is it working? (you need to send a midi clock of course)
    3) If you still have the old CPU, put it in the socket and check the RANGE switch and the arp.

Anonymous

Thanks for the quick replies!

1) not all the keys are working. E1, C2, Ab2, E3, C3, Ab3, E4, C5 are not working. (I see a pattern…)
    2) arp isn’t working at all. Also not with midi clock…(while midi note in is working well)
    3) still have the old cpu. I’m happy that I removed it carefully without cutting the legs… Can I plug it in the socket? Or do I have to remove the socket as well?

tubbutec
    Keymaster

Hi,

the fact that some keys are not working, especially a pattern is a very good indication of missing connections.
    I assume some pads broke off during desoldering. Can you check this with a continuity tester?

Especially the following connection:
    Pin4 of the CPU to pin 6 of IC57 (this is deduced from your key-pattern)
    The same line would also be responsible for the faulty range switch.

You can just plug it in the socket, yes.

Anonymous

Hmm, I’ve been very carefully with removing the old cpu and installing the socket and connecting the cpu…
    I will check pin 4 to 6 tonight and will let you know the outcome. Thanks for the support.

Anonymous

checked the socket solder points and new cpu legs with a multimeter. Unfortunately I did’t found bad connections or broken legs (or what do you mean with pads…)
    I didn’t get the old cpu in the socket. The legs were to fragile. While removing the new cpu I broke one of his legs…so I’m pretty f*%^ed now…

Don’t know what to do.

tubbutec
    Keymaster

Hi,

you can send the broken Juno-66 back to us for repair. Will than also run an additional test. Will send you a PM with the address

The old CPU should fit into the socket, maybe you need to clean the pins and remove some solder on them.

Anonymous

tubbutec

Anonymous

Thanks Tubbutec for fixing this! Everything is working perfect now!…me happy

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.