Internal Clock Problem with SH1oh1

frontpage Forums Product questions and support SH-1oh1 Internal Clock Problem with SH1oh1

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi Tubbutec, just bought and installed the SH1oh1 mod, it’s great. However, the internal clock doesn’t for both sequencer and arpeggiator. I tried to set internal clock under page “U&D” in config menu but the arp or seq didn’t start. FYI, midi clock does work. Can you advise?

tubbutec
    Keymaster

Hi,

sounds like a hardware problem to me. Maybe there is a fault/missing connection due to the desoldering of the CPU.

Is the LFO led blinking? If not check the connection between pin35 of the SH-1oh1 and R36

Also make sure the connection between PIN39 on the CPU and R134

Anonymous

Yes, LFO led is blinking, there is connection between pin35 and R36.

However, there is no connection between PIN39 and R134 but there are connection between both PIN5 and PIN6, and R134.

Should I manually add a connection between PIN39 and R134?

tubbutec
    Keymaster

hip808 wrote:
    Yes, LFO led is blinking, there is connection between pin35 and R36.

However, there is no connection between PIN39 and R134 but there are connection between both PIN5 and PIN6, and R134.

Should I manually add a connection between PIN39 and R134?
    PINs 5 and 6 are connected to +5V and R134 is, too. So this is correct. the other end of R134 should be connected to PIN39.
    If it is not, yes try and make the connection yourself. However I suggest you post a photo of the soldering side of the installed mod first.

Anonymous

I tried to connect R134 and PIN39 but it still doesn’t work. I have everything packed over weekend and please find the photo I took before:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/hip808/22 … ed-public/

FYI, I also check my other SH101 that the R134 and PIN39 are not connected either.

Any other idea?

tubbutec
    Keymaster

Hi according to the schematics and my own measurements there should be a connection between pin39 (trigger in) and R134

I attached pictures of the two points.

Anonymous

Does it work with an external clock? The internal clock (LFO square) is normalled through the Ext Clk In jack which sometimes gets dirty/corroded.

tubbutec
    Keymaster

mangobob wrote:
    Does it work with an external clock? The internal clock (LFO square) is normalled through the Ext Clk In jack which sometimes gets dirty/corroded.
    mangobob is correct, you should check this. It also raises the following questions I should have asked you earlier:

Did ARP/SEQ work before you installed the mod? Does the envelope trigger if you set it to ‘LFO’ ?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.