Extra wires coming out of Juno-66 Chip

frontpage Forums Product questions and support Juno-66 Extra wires coming out of Juno-66 Chip

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I’m currently in the process of installing the Juno-66 mod and noticed that there are still some wires in the chip’s ribbon cable that aren’t being connected anywhere. I’ve connected red & orange, but there’s still a brown, green, and yellow that are going nowhere, is this normal?

I’m asking because I finished the mod, and my Juno does make a sound, but it sounds very off. There’s no envelope, and the sound is very noisey & scratchy.

Anonymous

I just finished my Tubbutec j66 and all seems to work apart from some digital noise when moving sliders that happens once in awhile. I also had the extra wires and I’d say it is safe to assume they aren’t intended to be used.

Regarding the noisy scratchyness, sounds like you have a bad solder somewhere. Also, if you have no envelope it might be another bad solder on the CPU. I don’t have the service manual with me at the moment to look but likely there is one pin that is the source for firing the envelope.

tubbutec
    Keymaster

szum wrote:
    I’m currently in the process of installing the Juno-66 mod and noticed that there are still some wires in the chip’s ribbon cable that aren’t being connected anywhere. I’ve connected red & orange, but there’s still a brown, green, and yellow that are going nowhere, is this normal?

I’m asking because I finished the mod, and my Juno does make a sound, but it sounds very off. There’s no envelope, and the sound is very noisey & scratchy.
    the three wires are not used and can be ignored.
    Please post a picture of the installed Juno-66 mod for troubleshooting.
    thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.