Reply To: Unipulse Roland TR-33 and Yamaha MR10 – some trig problems

frontpage Forums Product questions and support uniPulse Unipulse Roland TR-33 and Yamaha MR10 – some trig problems Reply To: Unipulse Roland TR-33 and Yamaha MR10 – some trig problems

tubbutec
Keymaster

HI,
honestly out of ideas. I don’t have access to your MPC. I even had uniPulse running with a MPC (don’t remember which one) on a trade faire and it worked great.

I think the problem is, that the unipulse doesn’t recognise note off from my MPC
uniPulse only reacts to note on messages on the triggers, note offs are ignored. I have no idea what the MPC does differently then other machines.
I can think of two specialities with midi:

running status
and
sending note off as note on with velocity 0

but both are correctly managed by uniPulse.

as i said earlier the MPC sends out note on and off as it should so it must be some kind of hardware incompability in the unipulse
If i then send two notes from my keyboard (which it always recognises AND the keyboards midi out goes into the mpc)
So your midi keyboard goes to the MPC midi in and from the MPC midi out to the uniPulse? And that works, but if the MPC sends its own midi, it does not? Correct?
Then it is very likely not a hardware issue, but one with the midi protocol. However no idea what this might be.

if you can, send me a short dump from a midi monitor program, like midiOx