Did µTune ever get the ability to control the notes by which incoming CV is quantized by MIDI? This is what I currently do with another few modules, but I’m looking to optimize my setup and it seems like µTune could possibly do this:
1. I have a MIDI sequencer that allows me to loop things like melodies or chords
2. I sequence a looping chord progression over 2 measures, let’s say C minor (C-Eb-G), then D minor (D-F-A)
3. That MIDI goes into the quantizer, which, instead of being set to a specific scale via the module’s settings (eg. C minor, which would be all the notes in the C minor scale), specifically uses only the notes in the currently playing MIDI chord (C-Eb-G or D-F-A, depending on where in the loop it is)
4. Random CV goes into the quantizer, which, depending on the currently playing MIDI chord, will quantize the note to C, Eb, G, D, F or A (but no other notes, because no other notes are being played via MIDI)
5. A gate sequence goes into a Sample & Hold, placed after the quantizer’s quantized CV output, to sample the quantized note at the time the gate is triggered
Right now, I do this with a MIDI looper, a 4-channel MIDI-controlled quantizer and a 4-channel Sample & Hold module, along with 4 random CV sources and a 4-channel gate sequencer. It would be _amazing_ if µTune could do the MIDI quantizer part and use the CV + gate inputs to S&H the quantized CV.
Is it possible for µTune to do this?
Thanks so much!